Living, Growing, Sharing Jesus Christ
We are a community of devoted believers committed to living our faith to God’s glory, strengthening our fellowship and sharing the Gospel of Jesus Christ.
We are a community of devoted believers redeemed by the blood of Christ, instructed by God’s Word, the Bible, guided by the Holy Spirit, empowered by love and prayer while anticipating Christ’s return. We are called to be faithful in holy living while continually building up the Body of Christ and affecting the world around us with His truth.
To fulfill this mission, we commit to…
1 – Living our faith to glorify God by…
• practicing the principles of God’s Word,
• pursuing a simple lifestyle with integrity,
• loving, serving, encouraging and helping others.
2 – Strengthening the unity of our congregation through…
• preaching, teaching and studying God’s Word,
• worship, praise, music and prayer,
• discipleship and mentoring,
• preparation to proactively meet societal challenges with a biblical perspective,
• providing service opportunities for all,
• encouraging wise stewardship of spiritual gifts, talents and material resources,
• timely counseling and reconciliation,
• visitation and hospitality.
3 – Sharing the Gospel of Jesus Christ by…
• joining in God’s work to lead all lost sinners to Christ for salvation,
• evangelizing through outreach and missions both locally and abroad,
• active involvement in society,
• being living examples of the love of God.
Statement of Faith: We Believe…
1. We believe that the Bible has been inspired by God and is the complete and infallible Word of God.
2 Tim. 3:16; 2 Peter 1:21; Rev. 22:18-19
2. We believe that there is one God, without beginning and without ending.
Rev. 1:8; Micah 5:2
3. We believe that God is a trinity; Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
Matt. 28:19; 2 Cor. 13:14
4. We believe that Jesus Christ is God incarnate. He was born of a virgin. He lived a sinless life. He died on a cross in place of the sinner, and His shed blood is the atonement for our sins.
John 20:28; Isa. 9:6; Heb. 1:1-8; Isa. 7:14; Matt. 1:23; 2 Cor. 5:21; Eph. 2:13-20; Heb. 7:26
5. We believe in His bodily resurrection, and His ascension to the right hand of God and that he will make a personal return to earth in power and glory.
1 Cor. 15:4-8; Matt. 25:31; Acts 1:9-11
6. We believe that all are sinners and lost, awaiting the judgment of God, but that God is not willing that any should be lost.
Rom. 3:10,23; 2 Peter 3:7-9
7. We believe that the sinner will have salvation by repentance toward God and faith in Jesus Christ.
Acts 2:38; Acts 20:21; Rom. 10:8-13
8. We believe that a saving faith will result in regeneration by the Holy Spirit and the Word of God without which there is no salvation.
John 1:12; John 3:6-8, 16-17; Eph. 5:26-27; 1 Peter 1:22-23
9. We believe in baptism by water and in the baptism of the Holy Spirit, by whose indwelling the believer is empowered to live a godly life in a spiritual unity with Christ.
Matt. 3:13-15; 28:19; Mark 16:16; Rom. 6:4-6; 1 Peter 3:21; John 1:33; Acts 8:16-17; Rom. 8:2-17; John 14:23; 1 Cor. 12:13; Eph. 5:20
10. We believe that both the saved and the lost will be resurrected. The saved unto eternal life and the lost unto eternal damnation.
John 5:28-29; 1 Cor. 15:51-58
11. We believe that under any and all circumstances we should speak the truth and should not swear, obeying the commandment of Christ. “Swear not at all; but let your communication be yea, yea; nay,nay.”
Matt. 5:35-37, James 5:12
12. We believe that government is ordained of God to enforce law and order and to prevent evil works. Government therefore should be supported and obeyed. Laws and ordinances – local.state and national – are to be respected and conscientiously obeyed, except when to do so violates the Commandments of God. The call to service in the military forces respected and obeyed with the Biblical limitation to non-combatant service, obeying the instruction of Jesus Christ, “Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you and persecute you.”
Matt. 5:44; Heb. 12:14; Rom. 13:1-10; 1 Peter 2:13-14; Matt. 22:21
13. We believe that God now commands all men to repent and be baptized, and that immersion is the scriptural mode of water baptism. We Believe, that baptism should be administered to those alone who have believed on Christ, and have experienced a spiritual rebirth.
Matt. 28:19-20; John 3:3; Acts 2:37-38, 3:19, 26:20, Rom. 6:1-13; 2 Cor. 5:17
14. We believe in the exercise of discipline by the church in order to deal with the presence of sin in the lives of its members.
1 Cor. 5:1-13; 2 Cor. 2:5-11, 5:14-18; 2 Thes. 3:6, 14-15; Matt. 18:15-17; Heb. 10:24-26; Gal. 6:1-2; Titus 3:10-11; 1 Tim. 5:20
15. We believe that the Great Commission of our Lord Jesus Christ is an invitation for everyone to live a life of abandonment to HIM who loved us and gave Himself for us surrendering His personal ambitions and possessions in an unreserved committal to take the proclamation of the Gospel through-out “all the world to every creature”
Matt. 28:19-20; Acts 1:8; Mark 16:15; Luke 5:27-28, 14:26-27, 24:47, 2 Cor. 5:18
16. We believe that the gift of eternal life is a present possession of every true disciple of Jesus Christ, and that nothing nor anyone can take it from him; but that it is a realistic possibility, however, for a true believer, once saved, of his own free will to no longer “continue in the faith” – but instead to
apostatize, “depart from the faith” return to sin, and consequently forfeit the eternal life he once possessed.
1 John 5:11-13; Rom. 8:35-39, 6:16; Heb. 3:6, 12-14, 2 Peter w:1-22; Matt. 25:24,30; 1
Cor. 9:27, 10:1-12; I Timothy 1:18-20, 4:1-3; Rev. 2:10, 3:5; John 3:15-18, 15:1-7
17. We Believe that in communion “the bread and the fruit of the vine in Holy Communion symbolize the body and the blood of Christ. Communion is served to the members of the fellowship only,
1 Corinthians 10:16, 20, 11:17-32, Luke 22:7-20
18. We believe that marriage was instituted by God at the beginning of creation and, as such, is an exclusive, lifelong union between one man and one woman, as He created them.
Genesis 1:27-28a, 2:18, 21-24, Matthew 19:4-6, Mark 10:6-9